3KU Delta Printer
Sat, Feb 6, 2016
UPDATE - If you have bought one of these printers check out the 3KU Owners Club.
- Mostly Metal parts (LCD screen and top plate held with 3d printed parts - not so important)
- Pusher works really well compared to 3d printed designs
- Includes a lot of extra stuff (Filament, Bed leveling sensor, LCD, Masking tape, paint scrapper, spare stepper driver and heater core, sd card, roll holder)
- USB stick included with manuals, firmware and install videos
- Install videos easy to follow
- Seems to print fairly fast - still need to tune to see how far I can push it
- The picture showed a 4 holes to mount the bed - it’s actually 3, which line up with common heatbeds.
- Shipped via DHL and arrived in under 14 days
- Came with Allen keys
- Powersupply doesn’t have exposed 240v and uses a barrel jack. Figure 8 (C7/C8) lead
- Has an on/off switch!
- Belts not fishing wire
- Seems like fairly good parts
- No heatsinks on stepper drivers nor cooling fan for electronics - I don’t think this is required if drivers aren’t at max current
- No heated bed
- Some of the PDFs for install steps were a little confusing
- Comes with a deathdapter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOTiQKkQMo
- Older version of Marlin that doesn’t support negative numbers (shows random ascii chars on screen lol)
- Insutrctions didn’t cover autobed leveling
- Doesn’t use a smoothieboard or ther controller with a dedicated FPU